City of Clio, Michigan 




 When are taxes due?

Summer taxes are mailed out on July 1, 2023 are due by September 30, 2023.  After September 30 a 2% penalty will be added.  On March 1, 2024 unpaid summer and winter taxes are turned over to the Genesee County Treasurer. 


Winter taxes are mailed out on December 1, 2023 and due by February 28, 2024.





 Can I park overnight on the streets in the City?

For public safety there is no parking on any city street between the hours of 2:00 - 5:00 a.m.  Call the City of Clio Police Department if you need to make arrangements for special street parking at 810/686-5010.

 Can I use my credit card to pay my water/sewer bill or my taxes at City Hall?

We now accept credit card payments at the counter!

You may now pay your taxes, water/sewer bill, or tickets online.  Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard are accepted for these payments.  Official Payments does charge a convenience fee to use credit cards.

To make a payment
, click on the following link
www.officialpayments.com or call 1-800-272-9829
                      (Use Jurisdiction Code 7017)

NOTE:  Official Payments, the service provider, charges a nominal fee for this service

 What day of the week is trash picked up?

Trash is picked up on Monday in the City of Clio.  SCHEDULE



 Do I need a burn permit?

Yes.  Residents in the City of Clio need a burn permit.  You can get one at the Clio Police Department or City Hall.  You may only burn dry firewood.  You CANNOT burn brush or leaves.  Burning is to be done between 7am-10pm.  After receiving your permit, you must call 686-5432 before burning.

 When are water bills due?

Water bills are due on the 25th of each month.  If the 25th is a holiday or weekend, they can be paid the next business day without penalty.

 When is the next City Commission meeting?

City Commission meetings are held on the first and third Monday's of each month at 6:00 p.m unless otherwise posted. Click on the link below for the calendar:






 Where can I pay my water/sewer bill?

You can pay your water/sewer bill at City Hall, 505 West Vienna Street, you can mail it, or you can place it in the black drop box outside of City Hall.



 Where do I report a sewer backup?


The City of Clio engaged the Genesee County Drain Commissioner - Water and Waste Services Division (GCDC-WWSD) to operate and maintain the City's sanitary sewer collection system. This engagement holds the promise of improved service and a reduction of future cost to City residents and the public.

Please call GCDC-WWSD at 810.732.7870 should you have concerns or encounter problems with the City's sanitary sewer collection system.




 Where do I report a water main break or water coming into my home/business?

You can report a water main break by calling City Hall at (810) 686-5850 Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm.

After office hours you need to call 911 who in turn, will contact our DPS Department.


In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-5964 (TDD).